Monday, March 3, 2014

DIY Teapot

If you know me you know I cannot wake up without my cup (or five) of green tea and go to bed without my cup of sleepy time tea. Its a known fact. I live for Teavana tea and Anthropologie mugs.

So as I was on Pinterest, in a really important law class that I definitely should've been listening in, I came across DIY sharpie mugs. Loved the idea, however after going through my drink ware cabinet I realized there was definitely not room for anymore mugs... unless I took away a few shot glasses or margarita glasses, which was not an option. 

So I decided on a DIY Sharpie Teapot! 



Materials:
Ceramic Teapot- I bought this one from the Target Threshold Collection ($12)
Gold Sharpie- I bought a three pack of metallic colors ($3)


1) Clean your teapot with warm water and soap. 

2) Apply Sharpie designs however you wish to. I colored in the handle, spout, and lid. Then I added "good morning sunshine" to the front of my pot. 

3) Place in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Be sure to not preheat the oven, instead have the oven heat up after placing the teapot inside. 

4) Allow to cool in oven for 30 minutes so the ceramic does not crack. After taking it out of the oven, have it sit for about 2 days before using. 

I would advise to hand wash to ensure your design stays permanent.



Violà! A beautiful golden teapot :) 



Good Times Never Seemed So Good, 
Caroline 

No comments:

Post a Comment